A Business Development Executive is responsible for researching and pursuing new business leads for the growth of the business. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional inter-personal skills. Executives are expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of an organisations products/services.
Business Development Executives assist the organisations sales and growth efforts by contributing to new customer acquisition. Such person should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and keep the Senior Business Development Executive updated about marketplace and competitor activity. The primary role and responsibilities of a Business Development Executive include:
- Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities
- Keep prospective client database updated
- Make cold calls for new business leads
- Support in writing new business proposals
- Maintain knowledge of all product and service offerings of the company
- Arrange meetings for senior management with prospective clients
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for acquisition of customers, submission of tenders etc.
SCOPE OF WORK
iCode Business Solutions commissions our Business Development representatives to carry out the follow:
- Generate and nurture leads/potential clients in order to close sales.
- Examine and action leads from the internal client database in order to close new or on-going deal.
- Maximize sales through up-selling, promotions or specials.
- Report progress on both weekly and monthly basis.
- Report difficulties with sales or client to supervisors.
- Escalate issues that warrant a supervisor or manager
Competencies and Skills Required
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have good negotiation skills
- Should be able to create good presentations
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and an active listener
- Ability to work under pressure
Next Level: Senior Business Development Executive